Wednesday, November 12, 2014

As Mad as a Hatter by Catherine Stovall

4 Stars

 Book Description

Publication Date: October 25, 2014

Madness is a state of frenzied or chaotic activity, and that is what you will find inside the pages of ‘As Mad as a Hatter’. Walk the path of Lady Death, feel the power of freedom, fall in love, and fear the dark corners of the room with these twelve short stories and six poems from Catherine Stovall. What will you find under the top hat?



REVIEW:

As Mad as a Hatter is an abundance of entertainment. It is compilation of eighteen, dark poems and short stories by Catherine Stovall. 

My vigor was laced with nostalgia as I clung to each word. I was reminded of autumn days writing my own stories, and now understand my mother's worries. I was reminded of Stephen King's ability to ensnare my attention with his beautifully,  insane ideas. These twisted stories are balm for my creative angst. 

I'm more amazed than ever at Catherine's ability to provoke mental imagery through the crisp articulation of her descriptions. Her material always contains a picturesque quality. The prose is always clear without lacking intellectual narrative. I am now adding all of her books to my TBR on Goodreads. I say this not only because her talent deems her worthy of Best-Seller for years to come. I sincerely enjoyed these stories and will again. 


A large percentage of insanity's presence is the cold, harshness of reality. "Drift Back Home" is filled with a variety of of experiences known to adults and couples with children who are cracking under the pressure. It's a sad tale of hopeful coincidence.  

Im not sure my husband would handle it well to know I think of the "Independence Day" story to be pure genius, no matter how sinister. The song included is one I've held close to my heart for as long as I can remember.  Relatable qualities of a story is thrilling of a familiar tone, a reminder that we are not alone. 

I loved every poem, and in every story a catalyst to assault my emotional state. 
Purchase Link

No comments:

Post a Comment