Sunday, May 22, 2016

Scarlett (A Creepy Hollow Story) by Rachel Morgan

Description

Deadly power. Stunning beauty. She will not be controlled. 

Sixteen-year-old Beth’s ordinary life is shattered the night her dormant magic awakens and she almost kills her boyfriend. Horrified at what she’s done, she flees into the fae realm to find the siren mother who disowned her a decade ago. When it turns out her power cannot be controlled, she is once again cast out from the siren community. Alone and afraid, Beth winds up in the Dark North where she’s rescued by a group of witches. They offer to help her gain control of her deadly magic—but at what price? 

Scarlett is a companion story to the bestselling YA fantasy Creepy Hollow series. Grab your copy today to taste a darker side of this captivating magical world! 

- - - - - 

Length: 40,000 words or approximately 160 print pages


                                      REVIEW

I am the happiest bookie in the world at the moment. Rachel Morgan's talent as an incredible writer caught me off guard once again. There were literally moments when I had to manually close my mouth from all the jaw dropping scenes. 

Scarlett has everything a book lover couod possibly desire: magic, romance, fun atmospheres and darker ones, and the most delicious plot twists a reader could dream of uncovering.  I was so entranced by the heart breaking circumstances of such a loveable character that the most important detail of the entire story was lost on me up until the very end. I am still scolding myself for missing it. In my defense, there were literally moments when I had to manually close my mouth from all the jaw dropping scenes and twists. 

 I firmly believe Morgan's story telling skills are put to the test with this particular book because it strays from the fae realm into a darker world filled with siren's, witches, and those awful, hateful humans *ack!!!*. Amazingly enough, she passed with flying colors as her presence was very obvious from the first page to the much devoured last. Scarlett is phenomenal! Personally, I'd say Harry Potter has competition. Don't murder me please,  but the magic in this story feels so tangible and is so unique that I'm giddy every time I read something new. 

If you love fantasy then this entire series will leave you wanting more. I honestly don't ever want to say goodbye to the Creepy Hollow series. After all this time, and a few hundred books later,  it's still my favorite.  

No comments:

Post a Comment