Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Scarlett Moon: The Wolves of Cutter's Folly


From Bestselling Paranormal Romance Author Lisa Olsen
I'm not hiding who I am. Well, I'm hiding what I am, because you don't just say Hey, everybody, I'm Scarlett and I'm a shifter at the first mixer. All I want is the chance to go to college with normal people and lead a normal life for a change, maybe even meet a normal guy. I've just been too chicken to go after it until now.

I'm making friends, I even met a cute guy who seems into me. Everything's working out like I'd hoped. Except for this other guy, Kane, who thinks he has to protect me, just because we're both wolves. Every time I turn around he's there with his dark, piercing stares and his deep, sexy voice that somehow manages to get past my defenses. I left my pack back home for a new start. The last thing I want is to get caught up in any shifter drama, no matter how sexy the package it comes wrapped up in is.

Kane is exactly the kind of man I don't want. Bossy, infuriating, insisting he knows what's best without even asking me, and so freaking hot, his ego's the size of Texas. I especially hate it when he's right. It turns out there are scarier things out there than midterms, and they're after me.

* * *

The last thing Kane's looking for is a mate - but that's exactly what his Alpha has ordered him to bring home. A very specific mate. Adding Scarlett LaRoche to the pack will cement his ties to her pack and the prophecy, which puts him one step closer to the ultimate power. But can he seduce a girl that doesn't want to be seduced?

Challenge accepted.


*** Scarlett Moon is a shifter paranormal romance with steamy sex and violence, and should not be read by those under 18. It can be read as a stand alone book, or as part of The Wolves of Cutter's Folly, and has a HEA. ***


Review 


Two paragraphs into Scarlett Moon and I was already giddy with excitement! We learn early on that Kane, awesome name by the way, was in the army 
, rides a bike, and is a hot but honorable  la Are you swooning yet? You will be. 

Scarlett, on the other hand, is very much the introvert with an untapped fierceness on the edge of discovery, as she is figuring herself out during her first year of attending college away from Cutter's Folly.

  The cameo appearances of Cutter, Millie, and their daughter are exciting and make it feel like home, but the real page turner is knowing this story will be completely different from the first, but just as entertaining.  

Some elements of Scarlett Moon are a tad darker than Moonsong, but it makes for a very intense read.  When the atmosphere isn't oozing with sexual frustrations, it is light and entertaining. There is an abundance of witty bantering to keep you smiling throughout.  

The characters are endearing and instantly likeable.  Kane remains a mystery during most of the book, but when his secrets are unveiled you will only love him more for them. Personally,  I found every side of Scarlett enjoyable. I can very much relate to her introverted tendencies but I also fell for her tenacious spirit and vivacious attitude. 

Prepare yourselves for quite a few plot twists and surprises. 
Scarlett Moon is fast paced, exciting, and swoon-worthy! A 5 star must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment