Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Synergy by S. Reynolds




I had a few complications at the very beginning of the book. I have a hard time focusing if there is more than two character point if views. That's more of a personal issue than there actually being something wrong with the story. 

After the story started using mainly the primary protagonists of the story it was smooth sailing and a lot of fun to read.

I thoroughly enjoyed the mystery surrounding Synergy's powers. I loved the struggles she faced along the way as the story unfolded. This part of the storyline and of her family's heritage is unique. That's a huge perk for me. It also has an "Originals" vibe to it, which is another perk. 

I'm typically bored with sex scenes anymore, but Reynolds captured the scenes perfectly and I felt just as much as the emotional aspects of a story when two protagonists have a swoon worthy chemistry.  The chemistry between Syn and Kenai made me down right giddy! I rarely find a couple I fall in love with these days so I'm over the moon to have read this book.

The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is my issue with the beginning.  The multiple point of views toward the end were flawless. And the ending shined a light on several mysteries from those point of views. It's just that it made it hard for me to get into it. When I did find myself emersed in the story I loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment