Monday, February 2, 2015

Dark Shadows by T.G. Ayer

My name’s Ella Raimi.
Until last week, my life was pretty normal for a sixteen-year-old. Until I spent that awful night trapped in the janitor's closet in utter darkness. Until the dreams began — suffocating, panic-filled dreams. My best friend Kyla stays with me, but the dreams still continue. And I wake each morning with cuts & burns on my skin. I don’t recall inflicting them.
And then there is the blood on my hands and my sheets when I wake up.
I’m afraid of myself and what I've done.
And I'm beginning to be more afraid of Kyla. And what she will do

Genre :Horror/Thriller 

REVIEW:
As one of Ayer's avid readers I was initially worried about this new release due to the repetitious nature of the first few chapters. I am normally able to jump head first into one of her novels with no qualms. Also, chapter four held only one sentence.  Upon finishing the book, this issue I thought to be potentially problematic seemed justifiable, though I still feel it could have been added seperately to the end of chapter three.

I am beyond relieved and pleased to write that Ayer did not leave me at all dissatisfied. I found some elements easily predictable,  but also so intriguing that I absolutely needed to know every minute detail of each scene. The emotional angst in the plot was palpable.
At times I felt I would go insane waiting and wishing to appease my curiosity at a faster - rate.

I did not, COULD NOT have predicted the conclusion to book! As if I hadn't already reprimanded myself enough for staying up into the late hours because I "needed" to finish Dark Shadows and satiate my curiosity, the end product was the catalyst for my mind to run hyper - actively for hours on end after finishing it.
Dark Shadows is horrifying in realistic matters, emotionally intense, and riddled with a rediculous amount of suspense. Congratulations Ayer on another 5 star novel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment