Sunday, May 17, 2015

Cinderfella by Xavier Neal


Perfect body. Perfect car. Perfect life. So, what could a girl like that ever want from a guy like me? The guy with holes in his sneakers. The guy who can barely afford to eat. The guy with an unexpected secret. What could a princess like that want from me? After all fairy tales don't exist in real life...do they?

                                                                                 
                                                                       Review:

Cinderfella pulls at the heart strings. It makes on grateful for their blessings and tear up at the realization that many fight much harder battles than those which bring us down on a daily basis. Everything in life has it's consequences and through our devastation we do not always see how our choices impact those closest to us. This book made me ponder such things. I really felt for the male protagonist's realistic struggle. The female protagonist is one I had to warm up to in the long run. In the beginning, I hated her for the same reason's Conner hated her. I did end up loving  the genuine compassion and her feelings for Conner. I suppose I had trouble connecting to Gianna on a personal level for the typical "poor little rich girl" cliche.  Her parent's neglect of her, however, is noted and understandable to her situation. Rich or poor, no child deserves to feel alone in the world. Cinderfella makes a wonderful read if you enjoy intense emotions and realistic life situations. I was happy with the outcome of this book. Nice job Xavier Neal. 4 Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment