Monday, October 13, 2014

Blind: Book 1 Senses Series by Xavier Neal



Author: Xavier Neal
Genre: Adult Romance
Adult Content: 18+
Rated: 5 Stars

September 1, 2014
**Special New Release Price $0.99 for a limited time!**

Aside from being blind to the fact his best friend, Maxx Hughes, is madly in love with him, Logan 'Unbreakable' Kellar has it made. He's the best amateur fighter at TKO, has a buffet line of women desperate to be taken by him, and three friends that are his family. However, when Maxx crosses over from Logan's blind spot on the side lines to the dead center of his vision, he realizes that he can't stay blind to the fact this girl, is the girl.

Senses Series Book 1

*Warning: contains strong language & sexual situations.*

  I hate, hate, HATE, loving this book! It has EVERYTHING: passion, longing, humor, loveable protagonist, irresistible bad boy, and equally enjoyable secondary characters. My obsession with this new series is borderline insanity.

The execution of the prose and dialogue caused an initial stall. At times, the dialogue would feel irksome. However, I was in it's unbreakable clutch within a matter of minutes. Infuriating was how I, more often than not, found myself completely enthralled with details within.

I get the best of both worlds with Logan and Maxx. Her nerdy interests and his hellish past are both my own. A reader cannot help but feel compassion for Logan's reckless decisions. It is impossible to not fall head over heels for this stud. The atmosphere between the two is so thick with unrequited, love and lust, the desire smothers out the world. 

There is no lack of humor among the friends with whom they share a residence. The brother and sister duo,  Luke and Erin, are great buffers to match Maxx and Logan's personalities. They are a feisty riot! The quick witted quips caused me to cackle uncontrollably. To mellow the moods, impenetrable bonds are a constant reminder throughout the story.

The ending is pure perfection! I was intoxicated the entire night, as my mind obsessively roamed through my favorite scenes. I had to start reading the second installment of the series, "Deaf", as soon as I woke the next morning. Verdict: Hardcore Book Hangover!








No comments:

Post a Comment