Monday, October 20, 2014

Fall of Sky by Alexia Purdy


Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Adult Content: 18+
Rated: 5 Stars


Book Description:


Publication Date: October 9, 2014

Sisters Audrey and Liv Westing find that living on the edge turns out to be a bit different than what they thought.This singing duo hoped to be discovered as the next big thing while fumbling through their turbulent existences. Each one is struggling to come to terms with their addictive personalities, a trail of destructive relationships, and the consequences of every misstep they unknowingly take.

When they attract the eye of a deadly but powerful Cartel family, Liv’s flighty decisions send the sisters spiraling into a world of sketchy music deals, sexy assassins and unfathomable demands from those who want nothing more than to own every piece of them.
In a place where love will kill, it demands a steep price which may be too high to keep Audrey and Liv’s fragile world from a swift crash and burn…
THIS IS A SERIAL NOVELLA SERIES!
THIS IS PART ONE OF FOUR.
BOOKS ARE RELEASED EVERY THREE WEEKS.



REVIEW:


I am currently in awe. An author making a genre transition is always risky business.  An author pulling it off with a stellar story is to rave about! I jumped into Fall of Sky blindly. I knew nothing of the premise and assumed it was another paranormal romance. Hats off to Alexia Purdy for the creation of this astounding book.

If you've read anything written by Alexia, you already know what to expect of the prose. It's sweet, simple, and to the point. I love getting sucked into a story without realizing it happens. I've read two series she published in the past and with neither I was immediately captivated. However, at some point, in both series, I would hang onto to every word, paragragh, and punctuation mark while forgetting to breathe. The same exact response was extracted from me with Fall of Sky.

The execution of the plot begins with the creation of an emotional atmosphere surrounding the bond of two sisters, who would be broken if one would have to live to live without the other. The adoration and tolerance Liv and Audrey show for one another has a homesick vibe. Reader's will relate to or long for that connection.

The female protagonists are survivors. They are independent, self-reliant broads I can respect. If Liv weren't so insanely wreckless we wouldn't have such a hot story on our hands.

And what of Saul? He's charming, remarkably calm, almost too serene in fact. I can't help but wonder if he's being deceptive and a part of a grander scheme that threatens the sisters lives. At least those were my initial feels of him. Now, I'm not sure, but I do love him either way.

I keep wondering if this is going to be a "but I fell in love" theme. It would certainly make an interesting conflict to cause vast emotional connections. The other two males in the story keep me trying to piece together the puzzle as much as Saul. I have an idea of how it might turn out, but I love knowing I'm going to be in a for a good surprise. With Alexia Purdy as the author it is gauranteed.

I'm now trying to rush through my ARC's because apparently Fall of Sky part 2 releases in a little over a week!

This is a must - read series I swear by!




Purchase your copy for ONLY 99 CENTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment