Friday, January 9, 2015

Little Girls and Their Ponies by Meg Collett

That day on the road took everything from Alice Montgomery. Her beautiful face, her father’s keen mind, and her precious horse. One horrible accident left her trapped in a burning truck. They say she was lucky to survive, but they lied. 

Nearly a year later, Alice feels the pain and sadness from that day just as fresh as when it happened. Her surviving is barely hanging on. How do you live when all you once lived for is dead and gone? 

Then one day opportunity knocks on the door. It’s the chance to heal, to move on. Finally, Alice feels something besides the familiar, aching pain. 

It’s time to leave the fire behind and truly live again, but Alice holds tight to the pain of that day, possibly too tight to ever let go. 

Review:
The flawless details of the the descriptive atmosphere Meg Collett created in Little Girls and Their Ponies is awe-inspiring.  The execution of the prose is handled with a well-structured momentum that held me captive from start to finish. I felt the wind as it was written, I related to the protagonist on a treacherously personal level, and I lost myself in another person's journey. Perhaps part of the intrigue I found in this story is I felt it was my own, and that harbored questions of just how many people have endured similar tragedies and lifestyle changes. And is there hope?
With a beautiful soul such as Matthew's, there is hope and beautiful justice for broken spirit's. I fell in love with him immediately.









No comments:

Post a Comment