Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle


BOOK DESCRIPTION:

** GRAB the FREE prequel, ETHAN, and enjoy it along with BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS!**

Nara Collins is an average sixteen-year-old, with one exception: every night she dreams the events of the following day. Due to an incident in her past, Nara avoids using her special gift to change fate...until she dreams a future she can't ignore.

After Nara prevents a bombing at Blue Ridge High, her ability to see the future starts to fade, while people at school are suddenly being injured at an unusually high rate.

Grappling with her diminishing powers and the need to prevent another disaster, Nara meets Ethan Harris, a mysterious loner who seems to understand her better than anyone. Ethan and Nara forge an irresistible connection, but as their relationship heats up, so do her questions about his dark past.

Author's note: The BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS series is a YA/New Adult crossover series. This book is best suited for readers 14+. See P.T. Michelle's Amazon author page for a detailed listing of the books in the BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS series.


EXCERPT from BRIGHTEST KIND OF DARKNESS

Once we'd stowed my stuff in the back of my car, Ethan opened the car door and waited for me to get in. Even though I wanted to ask him so many questions, I was afraid to speak. It felt like we'd moved to a whole new level in our friendship, but I wasn't sure what that level was.

Every nerve ending urged me to hug him, to show my appreciation, but I was unsure. Would he pull away? I didn't need any more rejection in my life. "Thank you for being there," I said in an unsteady voice.

Ethan clasped my wrist and pulled me into his arms, holding me close. "I'll always be here for you."

I shuddered against his chest, mumbling into his flannel shirt. "You weren't at school and I didn't see you after practice. I thought for sure no one would hear me scream when those guys finally got their hands on--"

Warm fingers tilted my chin up. "I had something to do today, but I'd never leave you hanging. When I saw your stuff on the field and then I heard a guy yelling, 'She went this way,' in the woods..." he paused, tensing. "I freaked."

"You got to me just in time." I tried to smile but my lips trembled. "Who knew knights wore flannel shirts and Led Zeppelin tees?" I knew I sounded like a goof, but I didn't care. I wanted him to know how much his rescue meant to me.

Ethan leaned close and I closed my eyes as he lightly kissed my cheekbone, then my forehead. He had no idea that his gentle kiss had melted something inside me, how much I craved the physical connection. His warm lips lingered against my skin for a second before he took a step back and shoved his hands in his jean pockets.

"I'm no hero, Nara." His gaze narrowed briefly toward the woods. "Go home. I'll see you tomorrow."

REVIEW:
*****BEWARE THE SPOILERS*****

As of late, I have been diving into one book after another,  searching for a story with enough allure to dominate my attention. After too many futile attempts, I decided to  read a series that has been on my top five for the YA Paranormal Romance genre for the last couple of years. One year, and a couple hundred books later, the Brightest Kind of Darkness series still holds the spot for the most unique premise of the stories I've read. It is well-written,  has a meticulous plot development,  and the character development is immaculate.  

Inara and Ethan are both gifted with unusual abilities unbeknownst to the few who are closest to them. Where Inara's abilities shine, Ethan's are the stuff of nightmares.  Impressive these days is finding a book without an instantaneous love match. There is attraction between the two, an undeniable passion to understand one another,  but the author takes her time in letting Ethan and Nara trust one another and grow together. I love that! I loved the journey of discovering their backgrounds, while basking in the intense emotional atmosphere every time they interacted 

Ethan's tactics and desire to both protect and get close to Nara melted my heart. The trials of his life were merciless and there was a profound pleasure in knowing Nara had the ability to calm him in impossible ways. 

The exterior of Nara's life appears pretty close to perfection.  Understanding the monotony she's faces each day, much more than a normal teenager, along with hiding the things that make her different shines a new perspective. She is a character I'd have as my best friend in a heart beat. She's the compassion to Ethan's old soul. She is intelligent, loving, considerate, sweet, and mature for her age. She's the perfect heroine. 

 The Brightest Kind of Darkness is so well-developed and easily visualized, it garners the amazing ability for one to easily visit the emotions of first love through the male and female protagonist's. Every single one of the characters have personalities distinct from one another, that are mostly endearing and enjoyable to read. Every one of the books in this series will have a place in my book shelf.  I will forever obsess of this series and follow the author's writing career because of it. P.T. Michelle is a refreshing, highly-talented author, who will never see the end of my praises.  

*****OTHER NEWS****

P.T. Michelle also had a New Adult,  Contemporary Romance series titled, "In The Shadows. "  I have a tendency to keep a watchful eye on the author's Facebook page and have seen where it has ranked a best seller, right next to the Fifty Shades of Gray series. I'm beyond anxious to discover what else P.T. has in store. 




No comments:

Post a Comment